Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Broken CD player.

It's been almost a month since I last wrote. My intensions were to write more than this, but it's been really busy. So I'm going to try to do better from now on.


Saturday about 12 of us from ACM helped out at Raise the Roof. It was a crazy day, but over all a pretty good one. Despite the crazyness I actually learned a lot and got to meet a lot of really cool people too. One that stands out though is Brandon, a rapper from Texas. Brandon performed right before Kirk Franklin. The girls and I met Brandon while the boys were wating on Kirk Franklin. We talked to him, asked him how he got into rapping, and all that good stuff. Before he departed he gave us his CD. If you're into rap, it's quite good. You can check it out his myspace. (Syrememusic)

I've been listing to it a lot, partly because it's stuck in my CD player and I can't get it out and because it's good too. I really do like rap a lot. And I think it's really awesome that someone reaching that part of society. It's kind of inspiring. As I was listing to the lyrics one of them stood out. "I don't do it for the indusrty, I do it for the ministry." Wow, that's a pretty deep statement. I love it though. I mean, I'm not in "the industry" but it does make me question why do I do the things I do? Is it because it makes me feel good? Becuase I get attention from them? Becuase they need to be done? Becuase I enjoy doing them? Becuase that's what I'm supposed to do?Because I love Christ so much that it over flows into everything I do? And ironicly, that's some what JJ was talking about in church the past two Sunday's. A lot of times it's hard to do things with out gaining something personally. When in all reality that shouldn't be the motivation behind the act. It's even more difficult in our society when everyone is struggling to be better, smater and richer.

I think being selfish is where one place we go wrong. Being selfish means we're being selfcentered. Which means we're not being Christ centerd. We are so obsesed with ourselvs. It's quit sicking if you really think about it. Thankfully Christ wasn't like that!

No comments: